Friday, February 27, 2009

Early Graduation

I was trying to think of topics for my next editorial this past week and after not finding many news-worthy issues I decided to consider my own experiences.

I was thoroughly disappointed earlier on in the semester after finding out that UNK does not offer an early graduation program. My advisor told me as long as I was within 12 credit hours of completing my degree, I could register for early graduation. I am not sure if this used to be possible, but after I called the registrar's office I find out that early graduation is not an option. I am left with disappointment because I wanted the big graduation ceremony with hundreds of other students, but now I will have to be satisfied with a small summer graduation ceremony.

I think early graduation should be re-instated so long as the student is within a certain amount of credit hours of completion. There is no harm done if they don't end up finishing the courses because the diploma isn't sent until everything has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment